VinPearl Land - formerly known as the Vietnamese Pearl Resort - is a massive five-star resort, spa, and entertainment complex found on Hon Tre Island just two miles off the coast of Nha Trang in Central Vietnam.
For decades Vinpearl Land has been a favorite with local families and Westerners alike looking for family-safe activities to enjoy near Nha Trang. The well-manicured grounds, ocean views, and multitude of things to do make Vinpearl Land an entertaining stop in Central Vietnam.
Attractions at Vinpearl
An incredible amount of energy has been put into creating an atmosphere on the island that will appeal to couples, families, and kids. Adults can enjoy fine dining, shopping, bars, and a nightclub while kids love the amusement park, animal shows, and walk-through aquarium.
Many of the attractions can be visited on day trips from Nha Trang without staying at the Vinpearl Resort.
- Five-Star Resort: With 485 rooms, Vinpearl boasts the largest spa and resort in Vietnam. All rooms are meticulously maintained and even a Royal Suite is available for guests who feel the Presidential Suite isn't good enough! (compare rates)
- Swimming Pools: As if the 700-meter-long sandy beach and bay weren't enough, Vinpearl is home to the largest outdoor swimming pool in Southeast Asia.
- Amusement Park: The small amusement park at Vinpearl is a separate attraction and can be enjoyed by tourists not staying in the resort.
- Amphitheater: The 5000-seat amphitheater at Vinpearl was recently in the spotlight as the venue for the Miss World and Miss Universe pageants.
- Shopping Mall: Although prices aren't as cheap as those found on the mainland, the 20,000-square-foot mall is beautifully designed to feel like the old town of Hoi An, Vietnam.
- Water Park: The massive water park in Vinpearl has 200,000 square feet of slides, pools, a lazy river for tubing, and other activities to keep kids happy while the adults get some sun.
- Aquarium: A moving sidewalk transports visitors through Vietnam's largest underwater world which is home to over 300 species of fish - including sharks.
- Food Village: From Vietnamese specialties such as pho to fine dining by the sea, Vinpearl hosts a large, open-air food area with international cuisine.
Day and Evening Shows at Vinpearl
The lineup changes periodically, however Vinpearl hosts several daily and nightly family-oriented shows.
- Animal Circus: Duration: 30 minutes; Three daily shows at 10 a.m., 4 p.m., and 5 p.m.
- Puppet Shows: Duration 45 minutes; Fridays and Saturdays only at 6 p.m. Read more about Vietnamese water puppets.
- Music and Magic Show: Duration: 45 minutes; Friday and Saturday only at 7:30 p.m.
- Musical Fountain Show: Duration: 30 minutes; One show daily at 7 p.m.
Prices at Vinpearl vary according to the season and current promotions in progress; check their official website for reservations. Tickets are available in various places around Nha Trang including inside the lotus-shaped Tram Huong tower found on the waterfront.
Tours of Vinpearl's facilities are available for people wanting only a day trip from Nha Trang.
- Tour with Swimming: Tourists can spend from 9 a.m. to 7 p.m. on the beach or at the massive pool. A guided tour of Vinpearl's facilities is included as well as a buffet-style meal. Adults cost $47.50; children cost $32.50.
- Amusement Park with Water Park Included: Adults - $16; children - $11.50. Unlimited games and rides included - add $3.50 for one included meal at the park.
- Food Ticket: A set meal at any restaurant in the park costs $7.50 for both adults and children.
- Fastfood Ticket: A snack from any fastfood kiosk in Vinpearl costs $1.
Vinpearl Land Operating Hours
Vinpearl is generally open for visits between 8 a.m. and 10 p.m. Some attractions close at 9 p.m. on weekdays.
Waterpark: Open daily from 10 a.m. to 6 p.m.
Aquarium: Open daily from 9 a.m. to 8:30 p.m.
Food Village: Open daily from 10 a.m. to 9 p.m.
Getting to Vinpearl Land
There are several options for getting to Vinpearl including the world's longest cable car over water!
By Ferry: The cheapest option for reaching Hon Tre Island, the ferry departs from Phu Quoy Harbour in Nha Trang every 30 minutes between 8 a.m. and 10 p.m. The trip takes around 20 minutes. Adults cost $2 one-way; children cost 75 cents.
By Speedboat: More expensive than the ferry, the speedboat takes only 7 minutes to reach Vinpearl. For around the same price, the cable car is more enjoyable. The speedboat is available only for guests staying at Vinpearl Resort.
By Cable Car: The view from 160 feet above the sea makes the cable car the most enjoyable - and most expensive - option for reaching Vinpearl. The world's longest cable car over water takes around 13 minutes to reach Hon Tre Island. Drive south from Nha Trang along Tran Phu Road to find the ticket booth.
Visiting Hon Tre Island
Hon Tre or "Bamboo Island" is the largest island near Nha Trang. It is possible to visit Hon Tre for snorkeling or exploring without actually visiting Vinpearl Resort. Travelers wanting to see the island without a tour can take the local ferry from Phu Quoy Harbour or Vinpearl's cable car.
Telephone: +84 58359-8188
Web: http://www.vinpearl.com (offsite)